Monday, August 4, 2008

Off Topic...

Tonight my Boxing buddy Tom, gets the floor. Tom was an older man (I think close to 80) who came in and boxed with all of the crazies at Knuckleup. He enjoyed boxing and being around young people with lots of energy. He made me laugh when he would tell me that he thought I could kick every girls ass in the gym! From what I knew of him he lived life to the fullest, had great memories with his wife and children and wouldn't trade any of it for more time on earth. Late in the spring he was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. He went in for chemo but he knew if it didn't work the first time that he was basically on borrowed time. I went to see him in May and he was in great spirits as always. He and his wife told us stories about their children and were kind enough to give us a glimpse of their life that we wouldn't have known otherwise.

Last Monday Tom lost his battle with cancer. I just found out today from my trainer. Tom wanted one last picture with David & his boxing belts. When David got to the house Tom's family informed him of his passing. It was probably for the best. David said he weighed about 82 lbs and knew he was in pain. May God bless his family and friends during this very difficult time.

Tom...every punch from now on is for you buddy! Now that you are gone I'll let you in on a little secret...I don't think I could hurt a flea!
RIP

No comments: