Monday, June 16, 2008

Fat Girl Monday...

Well it's fat girl Monday! The start of another diet that's bound to fail in the next 24 hours! Where's the positive attitude? Perhaps I left it in the 6 martini's I drank on Saturday or was it the Taco Bell on Sunday. Can't be sure! In any event, the weekend was a crash and burn event post martini. That's why as fat girls we must avoid alcohol at all costs! Not only does it put a damper on our otherwise high moral standards...it lends itself to binge eating which is not part of the skinny girl program. As I was watching Fit TV (and eating Taco Bell) I realized I needed an intervention. A reason to be thin. Surely there had to be a reason for me to stop sabotaging my body. Being that I couldn't get out of bed (due to post martini recovery), I decided to ditch the TV and thumb through my Fitness Magazine. None of it makes sense but I noticed two alarming details:

1. Fat models are making a comeback....**editors note** "Fat" according to Fitness is a size 12. While I don't agree...Do we really want to market fat as acceptable just so that we can see women with banana rolls and muffin tops model underwear?

2. The skinny models just look hungry! I wanted to grab the ad for Baked Lays and start feeding it to the skinny ones as I flipped through the pages! This poses an interesting question..."Would you starve yourself to be in print and at what price?"

In addition to thinking about what I want to eat at least 73 hours in advance...these are the things that keep me up at night. If I were famous tomorrow would that be enough to make me drop the Taco Bell and run FROM the border? Stayed tuned...

No comments: